Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

My mother's day celebration started early this year with a mother-daughter pedicure.  Last Wednesday, my mom drove over after work, brought dinner (thanks Norm!), and got in some quality play time with Jack before he went to bed.  Then she and I headed out for a pedicure, which has now become an annual Mother's Day event.  The pedicure was relaxing and my toes look cute but the best part was being with my mom.  She and I have become so close over the last few years and I am so very grateful for that relationship.  Being a mom has made me realize even more what a truly amazing woman she is and how blessed I am to have been raised by a woman who loves so unconditionally. 

Did I sleep in and have a relaxing Mother's Day morning?  No way!  But that was my choice :)  We got up early and were out of the house by 7:00 heading to the Kirkland 5K.  I was super nervous for some reason but apparently that helped me because I ran it faster than I've even run a 5K before - and this one even had some major hills!

We had Dana, Maddie and Brooksie over for brunch after the run and then Paul, Jack, Savage and I headed out to Greenlake later in the afternoon.  It was a gorgeous Seattle day, the kind you see on postcards.  We threw the ball for Sav, pushed Jack on the swings, and relaxed on the grass (well we relaxed and Jack crawled around eating grass and sticks).  Perfect. 

I love this little guy so much, more than I ever knew I could love.  I feel so lucky that I'm able to stay home with him to watch him grow and change (which he does so quickly!).  I love, love, love being Jack's mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment