Monday, April 16, 2012

My perfect day


Saturday most definitely did not start out like a perfect day, not even close.  After a poo-splosion (the new word around our house) where we ended up just throwing away the clothes, we bathed Jack and Paul left to meet his family for pizza before the Sounders game.  The plan was then for Jack and I to meet Paul downtown for the game after his morning nap.  All was going according to plan until I got to Seattle.  Finding parking was a nightmare, I was on the verge of being late (and I HATE being late) and then when I got Jack out of the car there was another poo-splosion.  Yep, poop all over his new, white Sounders outfit.  At this point I would definitely be late.  As soon as he was changed (which mirrors a WWE match these days) we rushed to the pizza place.  At this point it was time for Jack's afternoon nap, I was stressed and he was crying.  But I'm happy to report that we made it to the game, Jack ended up falling asleep in the front pack and I calmed down.  Was that my perfect day?  No, it was after the game that the perfection happened. 

Later that afternoon we headed out to Greenlake for a relaxing stroll in the sunshine.  Jack got to swing, play in the grass (his first experience with grass!), and I relaxed while Paul threw a stick for Savage.  As I was soaking up the sun I realized that everything that had happened that morning didn't mean a thing.  Babies will cry, poop happens...but at the end of the day I have the perfect little family and I wouldn't trade it for the world.


1 comment: